PGP relies on the principle of the “Web Of Trust“. It also offers a service that allows for signing your key by PGP itself. It is called “PGP Global Directory Verification Service” and is quite easy to handle:
- Go to http://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/ and upload your key.
- You’ll receive an e-mail by PGP. Open this e-mail and click on the provided link to finalize the verification process.
- Check the fingerprint and continue.
- Now download the verified key and click on o.k.
- Import the key.
- Update the public key-servers